My collection started in the early 1990's when one of my grandmothers gave me an old Underwood Portable 4-bank Typewriter, which I still have. It would take several years before I would add another machine to my collection, an L.C. Smith Super Speed. But the Oliver No. 3 and No. 5 I received from my parents would set me firmly on course to become a full fledged collector. That was the fall of 1998, my collection now includes over 100 typewriters (including contributions of my other grandmother), adding machines, and check protectors.
I have posted lists of my office machine, ribbon tin, ephemera, advertising and accessories collections. Use the table above for navigation.
I have pictures of some of my machines available, as well as the company tributes above. The company tributes are updated periodically with corrections and additions.
A guide to updates and future plans: updated January 7, 2006.
- I've added a menu bar to the top of my general pages. This should work with new browers without a problem. I'm not certian how older browers will handel it nor text read and the like.
- I've spun my news section into a new page and off the 'Home' page.
- I am still reworking the pages so that they have elastic widths. Though, keep you browser width to less then 1024 or it just stretches the pages out to much. You might want to keep it to more then 800 to keep it from squishing. My goal was to have the site work best between the two most common monitor sizes.
- Microsoft IE uses a non-standards based rendering engine that has inconsistent performance between versions, please use the most recent versions of IE as they seem to be better then older versions. Or better yet, try using Safari, Netscape, FireFox, Mosaic, or Opera browsers if you encounter problems.
- Articles on other Oliver Models will be added to the Oliver Tribute eventually.
> > RETURN TO TOP < <